Thursday, January 2, 2014

Manatees and Kisses

Mr. Bear's knowledge of the animal kingdom continues to impress me. He knows toucans, armadillos, narwhals, vultures, tarantulas, cuttlefish, and now manatees. I don't think I knew what half of those were until I got to college. The Bear at 21 months versus me at 21 years - who would you put your money on?

Alex and I were in Florida hiking a couple years ago and went to this power plant. Not for the Homer-like power plant itself but for the aquatic life that the warm waters from the power plant attracted. Among the sea creatures are eels, sharks, and manatees.

Here are the power plants in the background.




There were probably five dozen manatees in the bay. Here's one that came way up close to us while we were on the pier.


There is a learning center too. With manatee puzzles.


And manatee toys.


Manatee kisses.


More manatee kisses.


Mr. Bear and his little manatee become BFFs.


Under the mangroves.


Did you know that manatees have no natural predators? Just the speed boat.


I told you they are BFFs.


But lucky for us, Mr. Bear has a beary (ha!) big heart and shares his love with everybody. Kisses to Aunt Lindsay.


Kisses to Lola.


Kisses to Lolo.


Kisses to Daddy (Bryson now calls Alex Daddy and me Mommy - versus Dada and Mama).


Taking a break and chilling a bit.


Back to kisses. Kisses to Uncle Rob before he and Aunt Lindsay head back to LA for their New Years black tie party that they are hosting at their house.


No comments:

Post a Comment