Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bear Brawn: Bryson Shows Off to a Girl

We kick the morning off with Mommy's go-to microwave morning meal - oatmeal. Mommy has learned to make sure that she does not stir the oatmeal with the Bear's spoon or if she does, that it is cleaned immediately; the spoon and fork must be in pristine clean condition upon the start of the Bear's meal.

I wash the spoon and think I have it all nailed when the Bear tells me, "Spoon wet." Clearly the Bear's metro standards are very high. Mommy adds dry spoon to her list of morning must-do's.

 

Back in its rightful honored place on the Bear's tray is no other than car carrier.

 

After school, the Bear and I head to the library. I find out that the Bear can share feelings. We read a story about a cow who takes his farmer's car and drives it all around until the cow smashes into a police car (what was the author thinking when he wrote this?) In any case, I ask the Bear, how do you think the policeman is feeling. He says, "Mad." Right on, Little B.

The Bear and I read another dozen or so books. Without me giving him hints, he identifies the warthog. I don't think I knew what this animal was until I was in Namibia with my mom and one of these started snorting my mom and her ham sandwich while we were camping.

Mr. Bear has been asking for Nana and Corey. And once in awhile Max and Ralphie. Today I read him titles of different books that we could read so he could pick. He chose Rrralph. First he patted Ralph.

 

Then without any prompting from Mommy, he gave Ralph a Bryson smooch.

 

When we were in Cleveland, the library had a challenge to read 1,000 books by Kindergarten. With Bryson's school, our two times per week trips to the library, our massive home library (courtesy of Nana, Aunt Corey, and Lola), B's independent reading, daily reading on the potty with Daddy pre-bath, and the Bear's love of reading, I think we're not too far off. I imagine we are reading at least a dozen books a day everyday. So maybe 200-250 books a month.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that the Bear is filling in words for me when I read some books. Like the below Goodnight Moon, which is one of his favorites.

 

But before we think that the Bear is all brain and no brawn, the Bear sees an older chick and decides that the way to get her attention is by showing off his stool stacking skills.

 

Here he looks at the girl to see if she notices his skills.

 

And to make sure the girl is clear who's boss, he tells Mommy where to sit. And Mommy of course complies. No questions asked.

 

I am seeing a pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment