Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Photo Tour: Croatia Dubrovnik Triple Day 4 Part 2

Third time is the charm. After spending the afternoon sharing our top photos with each other in the lobby lounge, we headed back to the Old City of Dubrovnik. Marsha was focused on getting some shadow shots and using her tripod, and being the good ol' copycat that I am, I followed along. After attempting some shots for twenty minutes, knees cramped from crouching down, I finally gave up and called Roman, our photo guide, over for some help. He smiled when I explained that we were struggling with a good shadow shot. As I was explaining to him our special Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon stance and the look we were trying to achieve, Roman had his camera hanging down at his knee level, and without us knowing snapped a couple shots (of course not looking through the view finder). He laughed and said, "It's easy!" He then pulled up his camera and showed us his perfect shadow shots. I guess that is what it takes to be a pro. No need to look through your lens, and you get the perfect shot!

We then wandered through the square, grabbed a 15 kuna slice of pizza (yes, not vegan, but whatever), and took a few more shots. Funnily enough, you'd think I'd be glad to get a break from taking photos of kids, but there I was taking photos of kiddos racing, laughing, crying... 

Marsha and I then headed out dedicated to using our tripods. And use them we did - me for the first time by myself. We got some neat shots of people walking over the bridge and some night shots.























































No comments:

Post a Comment