Sunday, May 24, 2015

Photo Tour: Croatia Dubrovnik Day 1

Thanks to Daddy for taking care of the Bear while I peel off for a week on a Photo Adventure Tour to Croatia. Reading the itinerary on the plane (because I had no time to do it beforehand), I also realize that I'm going to Bosnia and Hercegovina too. And maybe even Montenegro. Who knew?!
http://www.photoworkshopadventures.com/Dubrovnik.html

After a zillion hours traveling (ok, maybe it was just a 7 hour flight to Bergen, then a 5 hour layover, then another 5 hour flight to Dubrovnik, then a 30 minute shuttle to town, then another 15 minute ride to the hotel), I finally arrived at the Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel http://www.valamar.com/en/hotels-dubrovnik/valamar-dubrovnik-president-hotel

It's actually a pretty nice hotel right on the beach with an awesome breakfast. Granted, I wasn't quite vegan and had a little yogurt, but hey - Alex isn't here, and I need a little protein, right? :)

There are 4 others on the tour - our tour leader Roman Martin
http://www.photoworkshopadventures.com/Team-Roman-Martin.html

Then there are 3 others: Marsha from Toronto (she has done a couple tours with this company and two of those were with Roman), Allan and Miles (both from London).

Day 1 was focused on walking around the old city of Dubrovnik. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the upkeep is amazing. Even though built back in the 7th century and damaged during the Serbia/Montenegro attack, it feels like new.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/95

I actually took out my telephoto/zoom lens and was amazed that I no longer needed to crop. I am even shooting in RAW now. I also practiced taking photos of kiddos (that weren't mine!) and random people on the street. Roman has a cool trick where he can walk up to people and chat with them while keeping his camera at his knee and shooting photos. Now that is a skill that I'd like to creep people out with!
















































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment