Friday, May 15, 2015

More Funny Mr. Bear Sayings

#1)
Mommy: What do people call you at school?
Mr. Bear: They call me Boo Boo.
Mommy: What else do people call you?
Mr. Bear: Handsome!

#2)
Mommy and the Bear went to the Lumpia Shack, a Filipino takeout place two blocks from our house. It is awesomely close, and we headed there on the way home. Mr. Bear found a massive stick and was so proud of it. I put that stick on the floor while we had dinner. We ate our sisig and then I realized that I was late for date night! Oops! In my hurry, I left the stick on the floor, and the Bear and I ran home (literally - the Bear and I had a running competition).

Just when we were a few houses from our apartment, the Bear stopped dead in his tracks.

The Bear: Wait Mommy!
Mommy: What? C'mon, let's go!
The Bear: No, Mommy! Wait!
Mommy: Ok, Mr. B. What's going on?
The Bear: My stick!
Mommy: (Oh man. This is going to suck. Let me try to be sneaky.) Of yes, you're stick. It's... at home. With Daddy.
The Bear: No, it's not! You totally forgot.
Mommy: (Surprised that the Bear did not fall far that.) Right. Well, Mommy... you see, she made a mistake. So sorry, Mr. Bear (tries to give the Bear a hug.)
The Bear: (tears running down his face) Can we please go back and get my stick.
Mommy: Well, so I'm actually running late for date night. (And you're going to meet a sitter you've never met before, and I've got to go).
The Bear: (tears still running down his face) My stick! (Mommy is now tugging him home).

Mommy crosses her fingers that the Bear will forget about the stick the next morning.

So the next morning arrives, and I get an email from Alex:

Subject: Forgot to mention...

The first thing Bubba said this morning was to let me know that you forgot his stick at the restaurant, and wouldn’t go back to get it J
Mommy, troubs!



The boy sure does have a good memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment