Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Day in my Messy but Beautiful Life

Life is usually busy and crazy, but it is particularly busy and crazy right now as I transition jobs. I saw a photo class on appreciating the moments in life and documenting a day in the life. But even though I knew there was no way that I would have time for the class, I decided to document a day in the my messy but beautiful life. Here's one of those days.

6am - wake up and head out the door for a quick 15 min run with my handy iPhone to use as a camera.


Running down 6th Ave. This is the clock tower library where Bryson and I would go on Mondays and Wednesdays after school in the winter.


Fresh roads with new tar and crossing lines.


At Washington Square Park's arch.


Graffiti



Running on Bleecker, our fashion alley. This is where I got my trench coat (birthday and Christmas present from Alex).


Living the Dream!



One of Alex's favorite movies. Also a store.


World Trade Center - now called the Freedom Tower.


A non-vegan bakery favorite of mine.



A shop we'll never buy anything from.


They are developing a small park on the corner of our block.


Wall sit for a minute and a half to end the run (while I distract myself by reading the neighbor's New York times).


Construction across the street to convert the hospital to luxury apartments.


The Bear wakes up during my run (good thing Daddy didn't come). Here is the Bear picking out his clothes. Yes, those are dino boxers from Nana.


Quick sweaty hug and kiss from me before I hit the shower.


Daddy is packing for a Monday through Thursday late night trip to London. Mommy is going solo.



The Bear's room.


Reindeer - once a must is no longer needed 100% of the time for sleeping.


Horse from Uncle Tom who was in Kentucky for a work trip.


Baby monkey wall hanging.


Now what to do with an already tight schedule? How about wash the sheets? Why oh why do I feel compelled to add on tasks to an already crazy task list?


Daddy getting ready for work.


Mr. Bear's "flute" that he likes to play during his shows.



The Bear earns watching an episode of the Muppets because he made a #2 in the potty last night.


Hug before Daddy leaves.


Mr. Bear has a snack before we leave (second breakfast) of frozen pancakes - not heated, still frozen.


My breakfast - cereal, nuts, and peanut butter with milk.


Frozen blueberries.



The Bear insists that frozen blueberries are better than fresh.


Boots from Nana.


To motivate the Bear to move along with routines, we race to see who can press the elevator button.


We also race to see who can press the floor button.


We also race to the front door (yes, there is a pattern here).


Big jump down the steps.



Bye bye Daddy!




Crossing guard next to PS41


Mr. Bear loves this toy store.


Sweater from Lola's Ecuador trip.


Private garden.


Library


Garden next to the library.



Street cleaner - Mr. Bear screams that out.



Petland - Mr. Bear loves to point out the animals and say them in Chinese or Spanish. Here we have a ligardo.





Arriving at daycare. Sigh of relief.


Mr. Bear's fingerprints when he just got to the daycare (9 months).


Cubby.



Artwork.


The Bear's teachers - Ms. Sabrina covers for me late tonight because I have a meeting that runs long.


Chipmunk schedule.


Hustling to work.


Meditating on the subway.





Mission of Achievement First.



Conference call starts at 9:30am. I have back to back meetings until 7pm.



Already have 101 emails to start the day.


My partner in crime Tsehaia.


Visiting a school (Crown Heights ES). This is Leah, a mentee of mine.





One of my directors of operations. This is Melissa.



Have a meeting with a principal/ops leader at a bar. It ends late and I am running to meet the babysitter at the library. Uncle Kevin from work also meets us. We walk to the restaurant together.


Barraca has a vegetarian paella - yum!


Uncle Kevin enraptures Bryson with his reading.




Check out the Bear picking his nose.


Vegetarian paella.




Mr. Bear orders his own bread and cheese.


More nose picking!


And eating!



La luna!



Mr. Bear picks out this book for bedtime - it's about helping and cleaning.



Bathtime.





Late bedtime (after 10) but not bad given Daddy is away for the week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, now THAT'S a busy day! If only Magnolia Bakery opened in the morning, you can simplify breakfast and grab it there ;-)

    ReplyDelete