Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dancing Bear, Masseuse, Knuckles, Reclining Buddha

Apparently, Mr. Bear's dance moves have been drawing a crowd at daycare. When I picked him up today, one of his teachers said that it is one of the highlights of their day and that the teachers love to watch him groove. "But," she told me, "We try not to make it obvious that we're watching because if he sees us watching, he'll get shy and stop."

Here's B dancing at home.

Mr. Bear's crowd pleasers don't stop there. He is also into doing one handed baby table tops. Literally with his hands on the table and balancing.



He can also do the Reclining Buddha (this yoga move I made up).


 




Still quite the liner upper of cars even on his tray.



And he's not just into cars. Helicopters too!





To add to this, Mr. B also played with his caterpillar today. I don't think he's ever touched it before. Now he can count all the numbers, identify all the colors, and of course dance to the music.


Boo is so into cars that when we read a book today (which happened to also be about cars) that he carried his cars with the book and put two of them on the book while read.


 Mommy thought she hit the jackpot today when B started rubbing her toes. What I wouldn't do for a foot rub :) But apparently Boo was just counting my toes and the "massage" lasted about 5 seconds.

Boo did find a new game of riding my leg. I eventually had to switch to two legs. Mr. Bear is many things but definitely not light.

 


We watched his Mandarin video again and being the multi-tasking Bear that he is, he took the opportunity to not only practice the word for chopsticks but also practice using the chopsticks.



While I was busy writing a couple cards, I looked up to find that the Bear had taken one of my photo books and was going through each page pointing and saying, "Nana, Dada, Mama, Grandpa, Lola, Lolo, Aunt Corey..." Adorable.








Afterwards Boo put his diaper kit away - a first for the Bear. Normally it is just his toys or the laundry or the dishes. This was completely unsolicited too.


But also very rewarding. Here are Daddy and the Bear doing knuckles.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment