Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thank Goodness It's Over: NYC Marathon

NYC Marathon 2013. Thank goodness it's over. Somehow I survived after twisting my ankle on mile 4, having my right leg lock up on mile 10, losing all feeling the rest of the way (which I suppose is better than feeling pain, right?), and hitting the wall at mile 15. 

Afterward, I asked Alex, "So how was it?" He smiled and said, "Relaxing." I punched him - ok, I didn't. Because I didn't have the strength.

He was also kind enough to send me our run times for the last NYC marathons:

2013 – 5:02
2011 – 4:57
2010 – 4:31
2009 – 4:38

He kindly pointed out that this year was slower than when I was 4 months pregnant. I didn't punch him this time either. Because we were doing this over email.

So for glory shots, here we go...




Pain is short, but pride is forever. Those motivational signs during the run might have some truth to them. At least according to Bryson who immediately decided who should wear the medals.





I was just about to announce my retirement from marathoning when Alex so kindly reminded me that we're already signed up for 2014 and 2015. I frowned at him, "Now who's idea was that anyway?" He smiled his knowing Alex smile, "Why, you, of course."

Ugh - I hate it when he's right.






No comments:

Post a Comment