Saturday, October 12, 2013

Touch Down: I Survive My Solo Flight with the Bear

Sounds simple on paper - Bryson and I head to California to see family and friends for a week. Take Bryson on the 5 hour flight by myself. Without Alex. Just me. Yikes.

After some nervous (over?) planning reading articles, getting other parents' advice, packing for hours, and reassuring myself that I can do this, I am proud to share that we did it!

Effective: books, iPad games, a banana, getting lucky to have a free seat next to us, Bryson taking a nap for an hour, and getting a nice seat mate who had volunteered to help rebuild houses damaged by Hurricane Sandy.

Not so effective: the Benadryl that I forgot to bring, the Sesame Street series on Elmo helping children with serious illness cope that Bryson just didn't dig, and the fact that the airplane didn't have any diaper change stations.








Above Bryson and I fight over a straw :)

I have to admit that I did send a prayer of thanks that the Bear was relatively calm and happy most of the way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment