Sunday, January 17, 2016

Paintings for the Bear

I've always had this idea that I would be pregnant and painting. Not that I can paint or have any creativity skills - but for my birthday, Alex got me a painting class. Or more like I got myself a painting class and asked Alex if he would mind taking care of the Bear for five Monday nights while I took the class. During each class, we would do some oil painting - it was a mixed skilled group, with most of the students taking the class for the third or fourth time. After doing a color wheel (which I abandoned after the first class), the instructor (a Midwesterner from Ohio) suggested some still life. But instead of the boring flower and fruit combo, I opted for blocks spelling out the Bear's name. Two classes on that one. And then I painted balloons and an elephant - this one will be for the new baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment