Sunday, January 24, 2016

More Swim Lessons

Alex and I were recounting how we learned to swim. I still remember my mom trying to get me on the youth swim team. The coach looked at me and said, "Sure she can join. Let's just have her swim one lap." My mom looked at me (I think I was probably 6 or 7) and gestured to the water. I looked across the long pool and had no idea how I was supposed to do this, but the coach and my mom looked at me expectantly. So I jumped in and proceeded to doggy paddle my way across, flailing and splashing about. I didn't drown or anything, but after 10 minutes of watching me crawl centimeter by centimeter, the coach gave up and tried to let me (or maybe my mom) down easy, "Ugh, she's not bad. But how about we give it another year..." Meaning to say, how about we give it time so she learns to swim. To her credit, Mom then set me up year after year with lots of swim classes.

So it's with this opening that I share Mr. Bear and his not so expensive swim lessons at $75 bucks for each 30 minute session. Three lessons in, the Bear is swimming laps. Granted, it's with a big red noodle under his arms and yellow floatie tied to his waist. But still - at least I'm not having him try out for the swim team. At least not yet :)








 

No comments:

Post a Comment