Sunday, January 24, 2016

Fifty Dollar Haircuts

When my brother and I were kids, my dad used to cut our hair. I don't remember them being too bad, but when I look back at some of those photos when we were really young, I really do think Dad was still in training mode. Uneven bangs cut half an inch and barely covering my forehead. Yikes.

To be fair, I did try to attempt this route too. When the Bear was a year old and Alex and I finally came to terms that the mop on Mr. Bear's head needed a trim, I convinced Alex to let me try my hand at hair cutting. And about 5 minutes later with a big chunk of hair in my hand - no longer attached to the Bear, Alex was fuming and I was out of a job. Poor Mr. B had a bald spot and we ended up getting rescued by Doodle Doo's, this boutique hair salon combo toy store in the West Village.

They gave him a hair cut certificate, let him watch a show, have him pick out one of the specialized chairs (taxi, boat, old time car), let him play with all the toys at the store... and to top it all off, a nice hair cut (covering the bald spot I inflicted on the poor boy).

So it is with gratitude that I shell out $50 every other month for a good hair cut for the Bear. This cost, by the way, is more than what Alex pays for his. Figures!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment