Sunday, September 20, 2015

Day 6: Zion – Subway + Dino Prints

After the quick breather, we are up at 4:30am, packing up the site, and heading to another shuttle. We get to the trailhead before 6am and before the sun is up and already we are hiking out.

We view the beautiful sunrise, the waves of beautiful rock, and head into another famous slot canyon (Alex had to win a lottery for this one). This one is even tougher than the Narrows because there are full on swims and I am deathly freezing already. We do a rappel, and Alex tries to coach me to lower myself on the rope. “Um, I think I need more than just a rope.” We then have to haul all of our gear out so that I can get myself in a harness. It is an agonizing 6 hours through the canyon (though beautiful) and I am relieved to finally get to the subway, looking a lot like NYC’s.

We hike down, this time meeting day hikers who started from the bottom. On the way, we run into dino prints, which aren’t that much bigger than my hands. We get to the car at 4pm and… then drive 3 hours to Lee’s Ferry, Arizona.


We do have make a stop at Lupita’s Mexican for some bean chimichangas with beans on the side. Yum.











































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment