Friday, July 10, 2015

Bryson-isms

#1) On our walk to school today, the Bear was teaching me patterns.

The Bear: Ok, we will learn about patterns. Listen.
Me: Um, ok.
The Bear: red square, red circle, blue triangle
Me: red square, red triangle
The Bear: No Mama! red square, red circle, blue triangle
Me: red square, red...
The Bear (trying to help me out): ...cir...
Me: circle!
The Bear (clapping his hands!): Yes! Now blue...
Me: blue triangle
The Bear (giving me a high five): Yes, Mama - nice job working hard

(Daddy and I are trying to teach the Bear that it's not about winning/getting it right but about working hard. I was particularly proud of Mr. B for saying that.)

But apparently we weren't done...

The Bear: Ok now. white square, blue triangle, peach circle, green square
Me (overwhelmed and decides to distract him): Ooh - I didn't know that peach is a color? I thought it was a fruit!
The Bear (shaking his head at me): Silly Mama. Peach is a color too!
Me: Oh, got it!

#2)
Mr: Bear: Do you know French Mama?
Me: Um, no...
Mr. Bear: Bonjour!
Me: Bonjour!
Mr. Bear: Hola!
Me: Hola!
Mr. Bear: Ni hao!
Me: Ni hao!
Mr. Bear: Konichiwa!
Me: Woah - where do you learn Japanese?

(Seriously. Where did he learn that?!)

#3)
I have been trying to teach the Bear to be more talkative with strangers. As in - changing the tag line "Don't talk to strangers" to "Definitely talk to strangers."

At the Chinese restaurant, the Bear not only talked to the woman at the counter (he is normally shy when they come running and trying to talk to him). He also gave her a high five and a hug.

Mr. Bear's interpretation apparently is now "Definitely talk to strangers and hug them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment