Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Photosanity Feedback

Amazing to believe it's been over a year since I took my photosanity class - a big change from point and shoot to manual DSL. Now I actually take photos regularly and have a blog. 

I had a coaching session from Alethea, photosanity creator, and here is some feedback I got:

- Try to get into photos myself more often

- Try photos in raw, especially when there is low light (restaurants), overexpose a little

- Set up a business card to bounce flash

- Use flash sparingly but if needed, set up in manual and then turn down ISO by two stops

- In general set ISO according to: sunny 100, open shade 200, 400, inside 800, 1600

- Be more mindful of light

- When taking Magic Kingdom shots trying to get background (the castle) and the foreground (people), step back 10 feet so I get the full body shot. Set at F11 and go down from there, ISO 12800 or less, no flash 

- Restaurant photos: set white balance to tungsten to take off yellow
- Outdoors: set white balance to cloudy or shady but my auto use has been working so don't need to change 

- Depth of field calculator: how far you are and what you should
Depth of field calculator: http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html


- Iphone editing
- Iphone: snapseed drama, increase brightness/saturation, camera + (filter chrome), thick border


- To copy and paste edits from one photo to another in Lightroom:

- Try to take less posed photos



No comments:

Post a Comment