Thursday, March 27, 2014

Polite Bear with the Red Balloon

Am I a proud Mommy or what? I was talking with a co-worker today today who has a toddler a couple months younger than Mr. B. My co-worker asked, "Does Bryson talk?" I told him about Bryson's use of the words focaccia, teradactyl, and even as I type he is singing, "Shake, shake, boogie woogie." My co-worker responded, "Well, my kid can say yes, no very definitively." Not trying to compare or anything, but now that the Bear can talk, we have very few tantrums. What a difference talking can do!

In addition, the B is quite a polite bear. He will say, "No thank you Mommy" as I try to brush his teeth (for example this morning).



He also says, "Sock gloves please. Get it, Mommy. Now." The now part is not Mommy's favorite, but he does say please.


He will also say funny things like, "Heavy bear" when I pick him up. Here is a pic of him asking to be picked up.






He has not been using the word "mine" much. Even when wearing Mommy's hat. He will say, "Bubba's!" and then laugh.






He is now saying, "Help you" when he means help me. He is also still saying "Thank you. You're welcome." So Mommy is trying to figure out how to share the nuances here.

Here is the Bear helping with the clean-up. He truly is helping you (mommy and daddy). Sort of.


Outside of being polite, the Bear is a funny B. Here is the Bear surrounded by balloons at Washington Square Park.


Each balloon has a note that says "Look inside." It has an apple ad with a cute quote about smiling at your neighbor.


Here is the Bear's response.


And of course one balloon isn't enough.


And of course holding them isn't enough - the Bear has to run through them.


Very proud of himself.


At the playground, the Bear is becoming quite the climber. Though sometimes that means crawling on his belly and face to hoist himself up.


Big boy going down the slide by himself.


The baby swing is starting to get tight for Mr. Chunk.



Oh how times have changed since I first got to NYC. Here is a great coke ad I saw in the subway today.




No comments:

Post a Comment