Saturday, November 21, 2015

Funny Mr. Bear

As one of our babysitter described Bryson, “He is 3 going on 40.” Mr. Bear apparently was telling her exactly how things needed to be done.

A couple funny moments from the past week.

1) Mr. B has quite the memory.
Bear: Daddy, I’m going to turn 4 in March!
Alex: Yes, you’ll be 4.
Bear: Then I’ll be able to play with the white Legos!
Alex: What white Legos?
Bear: The ones on the High Line.

Alex recounted the story for me later.
Me: What white Legos on the High Line?
Alex: That was last summer – there was a rule that he had to be 4. So he couldn’t play because he was only 3.
Me: Yikes – I don’t even remember that.

2) We are starting to introduce the baby to Mr. B.
Me: Look at Mommy’s tummy. I’m going to have a baby – you’ll be a big brother!
Bear: Look at my tummy. I’m going to have a baby too!
Me: What?!
Bear: Yes – I am going to have a baby dinosaur.
Me: Oh wow – really?
Bear: Yes – dinonychus, stegosaurus, and tyrannosaurus.
Me: (thinking in my head – Well, I hope you are having a C section!)

3) After Mr. B goes #2, he likes to look at his “work”, call us in to look at it, and then comment on what it reminds him of (this is similar actually to what Alex likes to do).
Bear: Mommy, Daddy – look!
Alex and me running into the bathroom: Good job Mr. B!
Bear: Yes – it’s a snake!

Another time…
Bear: Mommy, Daddy – come, look!
Alex and me running into the bathroom: Good job Mr. B!
Bear: Yes – this is actually me and daddy when I was little. I am on daddy’s back!
Me – turning to look carefully at his “work” – sure enough, there was a bigger #2 and a little one connected to it.

4) Mr. Bear and I are playing with his Legos.
Me: Who are your friends at school?
Bear: Connor and Gray.
Me: Oh – do you see them often? (knowing that they are in a different class)
Bear: No, but I do see them when I go to the potty (they share bathrooms)

Then we play for a few minutes with the Legos and all of a sudden he says, “I miss Connor and Gray.”

Later, he tells me: Connor and me like to go #2 at home.
Me: Why don’t you go at school?
Bear laughing: I feel more comfortable at home.
Me: Oh really?
Bear: But Gray – he likes to go at school.

Deep conversations about #2 habits.


No comments:

Post a Comment