Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bear Moments

I am going to try to do a better job at sharing funny/cute Bear sayings, even if I don't have any pics. This is a blog after all :)

#1

We have been teaching the Bear that we were visiting Turkey but that we live in the United States. Not sure if the Bear understood, but here's what we later saw and heard.

Mr. Bear grabs Daddy's phone: Hello Nana!
Pause
Mr. B: Yes, we are on vacation. In Turkeys!
Pause
Mr. B: Yes, lots of them!

#2

A separate conversation where the Bear grabs Daddy's phone: Hello Nana, how are you?
Pause
Mr. B: I am good.
Pause
Mr. B: We are on the airplane. We are heading back to the United States.

(Not bad since we were actually headed back home.)

#3

Mr. Bear has been obsessed with the Rainbow Connection song from the Muppets. He has been singing this line quite alot, "Someday you'll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me..." It is so adorable. Apparently, Daddy says that he also loves to sing the song in the subway on their way home too (this one, he does in his deep monster voice).

Rainbow Connection with Kermit the Frog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFLZ-MzIhM

#4

To show his enthusiasm for the Bear, Daddy likes to respond with, "No way!" when the Bear tells him a story.

In response, here's how the Bear uses this.

Daddy: Bryson, did you see that we are having cereal for breakfast?
Bryson: No way! (and of course we have cereal everyday)

Daddy: Bryson, look the 2 train is arriving.
Bryson: No way! (totally earnest with big eyes)

#5

When Daddy wants to make sure that the Bear is listening, he will tell the Bear, "Bryson, look at me..." And then when the Bear turns, Daddy will continue with what he is saying.

The Bear is now adopting this and when he is telling Daddy something, he will say, "Daddy, look at me!" Except this is a bit tough when the Bear is on his shoulders.

#6

I asked the Bear what he did at school today, and he said that he played house. Had no idea that kiddos start that before they're three. Especially since the Bear is more into playing cars...

Nevertheless, the Bear does like to have conversations between his cars. When Daddy or Mommy try to talk to him, he will tell us, "No, talk to the cars!"

We then have some odd conversations. I like to use a squeaky voice and ask the Bear (or I mean the other cars) to give me (the car) a kiss. When I do this, I think I creep out Daddy. But I think I have now made this greeting and kissing pretty normal for the Bear :)


No comments:

Post a Comment