Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bryson's First Hike: 1 Miler

Running along Battery Park, I saw the quote, "One not need leave New York for all the greenery one needs." A bold quote, I thought to myself.

Yet that following weekend, I suggested the night before to Alex that we cut the tags on that overpriced Osprey kid carrier and take the Bear hiking. I then passed out (yes, at 9:10pm on a Saturday night) and the next morning found that Alex had pulled out his maps and had planned the route. We headed on the train, counted the boats, and played with daddy's hat.

And an hour later, we arrived. And we were on the trail with Mr. Bear already claiming a walking stick and meeting new friends (dogs).




The many faces of Mr. Bear.




At the summit.




Hiking through bamboo, fields, big logs, and a dog


Exhausted. (We calculated that the Beat hiked at least one mile on his own.)


But just enough energy to play peek a boo on the train back.

1 comment: