Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bryson's First Haircut: One Word - Oops!

What do all these photos at the Kite Festival have in common. Of course you'll have the same conclusion as me :) The little guy (or girl as most people assume him to be "She is such a cutie...") clearly needs a haircut.

Problem is that mommy can be a cheapo and refuses to pay the fifty bucks at the West Village kiddie salon (yes, they do have old carousel seats for kids to sit on but still!)

So I have the soon to be clearly a boy plunk down on my lap, give him some Happy O's, and begin to snip away. As my husband gasps in horror (a week ago he admitted that he had a nightmare of Bryson getting a buzz cut).

Ok, so I couldn't really see what I was I doing (I mean Mr. Bear had his back to me), but I pressed on and the result?

Not my proudest of moments. Daddy was now convinced of the very good value of the carnival salon, told me to book an appointment or else I would ruin Bryson's modeling career. Eek!

This is probably a good a time as any to let my own dad know that I'm sorry for giving him a hard time about my haircuts as a kid. (One of my jokes is below). Haircutting is hard and technical stuff!

On a good note, Bryson is quite the hearty eater (he takes after me!) and has started using chopsticks.

And he continues to be very attuned to daddy's nap time. If dad falls asleep, Bryson is quite excellent as an alarm and will climb on top of dad and lay on his face.



1 comment: