Thursday, July 14, 2016

Flashback: India Astrology

As I digitize as many docs as possible, I’ll be sharing a few finds that have brought back memories.

These are from our time in Bangalore. I got a recommendation from my Love: Bengalaru to visit a specific astrologist. I scheduled an appointment for Alex, Bryson, and me for a reading. That Sunday, we showed up at a house where the astrologer was just finishing up an appointment and advising a man that he should wait until a specific date to get married.

To assess us, he asked us what date, time, and place we were each born. Without knowing more, he started with Alex, “You are incredibly smart…” He continued on to talk about Alex’s technical skill and more details. I expected something similar (maybe gregarious or adventurous or something cool like that). I smiled expectantly as the astrologist turned to me, “And you… are incredibly angry.” What?! The astrologist then clarified, “At least right now, you are very frustrated. Do you work? You need to consider working.” I was right then on maternity leave. He added, “You have some bliss moments but also moments of frustration. You should work to control them.” And then later, “And is this your husband? Yes, you should settle down and stick with one person.” He also said, “You should take care of yourself. Stay calm and stress free as much as possible.” What?!

And of course Bryson’s, he said, “Well, I don’t want to share too much since he is only a baby, but he is very smart. Maybe a doctor in his future?”


Huh.








No comments:

Post a Comment