Thursday, June 9, 2016

Intense Alex - Whites Climbing + 3 Hour Run + Climbing in the Rain

Alex is crazy intense - check out these emails he sent me about his week while Scarlet, Bryson and I were in Kauai. His emails don't mention this but after the Whites climbing, he spent Sunday climbing in the drenching rain. Wow.

Email 1: 
Last night I tried an experiment... I left work at my usual time and hopped in the car and drove up to the Powerlinez which is a cliff in Ramapo about halfway to the house.  Got there just as the sun was setting and squeezed in two pitches.  Was really nice climbing!!  Then I drove up to the house as I mainly wanted to see what it was like to drive to work straight from the house.  It was a bit rough but doable- left at 630 and hit some traffic- if doing again would leave at 6 latest.

Tonight I had the JPM Corporate Challenge, a 3.2 mile race in central park.  A ton of people from my office ran it- I felt good and just barely broke 20 min.  Then knocked off another 9 miles so feeling tired!

Tomorrow I'm driving up to NH after work and then doing a pretty big climb Saturday.  Sunday is up in the air because of rain- if it does rain I will probably head to the house saturday night and then try to get some stuff done in the gunks.  We'll see!

Email 2:
Finally!  Home (Decker) and in the tub!

Here's my day:
Friday night drove 5 1/2 hours up to the Franconia Notch in the Whites (a bit west of the Presidentials).  Slept in the car which was actually quite nice.  With the seats down there enough room for a full pad and it worked well.

Met Keith (same guide from my winter presi) a bit after 7.  We got in: 1 pitch of 5.10b/c, 5 of 5.9, 4 of 5.8 (I lead one!), and 3 of 7's and finished at about 5.  Rainy tomorrow so we decided it was a wash.  So at 5 I could have left (5 hour drive) but decided instead I had to do something else since it was nice and I was right next to the Franconia Ridge which is the most epic hike pretty much in New England.  So I ended up doing a 9 mile, 3 hour trail run up and onto the ridge.  It was amazing!!  But I am sooo wiped!  Finished about 930, at some Yakisoba (mmmm!!) And hit it.

Now I'm soaking and can't wait to sleep!!



































































































No comments:

Post a Comment