Thursday, December 15, 2016

Videos: Galapagos

I’ll quote Alanis Morisette’s “Ironic” with “It's the good advice that you just didn't take”… I got some good advice to prune, prune, prune and only post your very best photos. Same goes for videos… Yet what am I going to do? (And have continued to do since getting that very good advice). Why – how about post everything and anything. Good thing my readership is Nana and Lola, and they haven’t complained about documenting every little tiny thing in Mr. Bear and Scarlie’s lives. Yay for grandmothers!

Now with that, this post isn’t about Mr. Bear or Scarlie, BUT it is about our Bucket List trip to the Galapagos. And it includes all (yes all!) the video clips. I got my brother Rob to promise to teach me how to put a video together, but that is for later this month. And so I went ahead and got the Vimeo Plus so I could upload away.

But before we got to the quick clips, a plug to watch Rob’s video where he consolidated the very best clips into a fun ska song.

And for details on what we actually saw (versus my, “this is a fish, this is a yellow fish, this is a fish with a big eyeball…”

Now if you’re all about wanting the blow-by-blow minute-by-minute video action, boy am I going to deliver. There are a lot of videos below, but don't worry - they're short (like 15 seconds each)

In case the vimeo links below don't work, you can find all the videos numbered here.
 
Video 1. Take Off – Dive 1 on the panga. I maniacally wave at the camera to hide that I’m freaking out.

Video 2. Count Down

Video 3. Hammerheads – Our first hammerheads! Let me tell you now that I had a hard time narrowing down the hammerheads. So I followed the Analiza blogpost policy of – “just post them all!”

Video 4. Hammerheads – More hammerheads!

Video 5. Hammerhead – And a turtle!

Video 6. Me with the hammerheads

Video 7. Rob and Me – Rob and me on the left hand side. We are all clinging to the rocks and watching the animals go by with the intense current. I am trying to help out my brother by holding on to him so that he can hold his big camera with both hands. How he dove with a camera I have no idea. I could barely take care of myself without holding onto any equipment.

Video 8. Hammerheads – Hammerheads coming right at us – and then at the last minute veering off to avoid smacking us.

Video 9. Hammerheads – You can tell this one is NOT me. Perfect buoyancy (not even holding onto the bottom) and no breathing/bubbles so the sharks can come up close.

Video 10. Rob and Me Clinging On Rocks – You can see me try to wave at the video camera. Then realize that is a bad idea when I start getting whisked away.

Video 11. School of Hammerheads – What’s better than one or two hammerheads? How about 50! The tinkle in the background is Max sounding his bell for us to come and look.

Video 12. Count Down – Now at the formidable Darwin’s Arch. This is day 3 but I’m still freaked out and can’t even look at the camera (I’m the one on the right hand side closest to the camera).

Video 13. School of Fish Current – Massive current but awesome fish. I’m not sure what they are (not a surprise) but there are a lot of them! Count ‘em! 500 or 1,000? Rounding error…

Video 14. Crazy Current – I’m not kidding when I say the current is crazy. Check this out! The dive master eventually put me on one of these leashes – I think he felt sorry for me gripping the rock and looking terrified.

Video 15. Red Lip Bat Rob – Check out this funky bat. It has these deep red big lips that is a wannabe Angelina Jolie.

Video 16. Cute spotted shark J

Video 17. Seal with Me Bouncing Around – We get into the water and immediately, a seal heads toward us. I’m the one with my arms flailing – later, Rob gave me the feedback to clasp my hands together instead of me looking so panicky!

Video 18. Seahorse – Can you see the seahorse? It’s the dark yellow one with the horse nose facing down. Pretty good camouflage, eh?

Video 19. Boat Ride – Headed to Shark’s Bay. Max is giving us a little Sharks welcome.

Video 20. Rays Bad Vis – Bad visibility BUT awesome to see two rays.

Video 21. Here’s me with the hammerheads

Video 22. Skittish Hammerhead

Video 23. School of Barracuda

Video 24. Jackfish School

Video 25. Shark Close – This shark actually swims right up to us and gives us the evil eye.

Video 26. Big Fish – When in doubt, Analiza will just call it “Big Fish”

Video 27. Moray Eel – These eels are no joke! They are everywhere in the rocks, so you have to be careful or they’ll bite!

Video 28. White Tip Sleeping Shark – my kind of shark!

Video 29. Hammerhead – More J

Video 30. Big Eyed Tuna

Video 31. Hammerhead – And more!

Video 32. Pipe Fish – Cool looking guys.

Video 33. Hammerheads – I know, I can’t have enough of these.

Video 34. Hammerheads – I’m impressed if you’re still clicking.

Video 35. Moray and Butterfly Fish

Video 36. Dolphins playing alongside the boat

Video 37. Rock Fish – These guys are dangerous. And they blend in super well. Not a great combo for us divers.

Video 38. Spotted Rays – Elegant!

Video 39. Me Being Held – Thank goodness I had the dive masters watching over me. Here I am roped up AND having my hand held.

Video 40. Hammerhead School

Video 41. Fish – I should have studied harder, but this is “fish” – sorry folks, that’s all I’ve got J

Video 42. Darwin Arch Count Down

Video 43. School of Fish

Video 44. Marine Iguana – The Galapagos is the only place to see these guys in the world

Video 45. Marine Iguana Close Up

Video 46. Cleaning Station

Video 47. Orca – Right after we came up, an orca passed by us. And we went on a big chase to follow it.

Video 48. Orca Eating Turtle – This footage is the reason I bought our dive masters’ videos. It is like National Geographic!

Video 49. Orca Eating Turtle – More action with guts everywhere!

Video 50. Mola Mola – And then just when you think diving life could not get better, the mola mola. It is so very hard and rare to see these since they are deep water fish.

Video 51. Mola Mola Evil Eye

Video 52. School of Rays

Video 53. Penguin, Sea Lion, Iguana – Trifecta!

Video 54. Seal Playing

Video 55. Ray

Video 56. Turtles – this turtle came up right to the camera to check it out!

Video 57. Mola Mola – Another one!

Video 58. School of Mobula – Also, we didn’t catch this on tape, but on the panga ride back, there was a flying mobula! I kid you not!

1 comment:

  1. buy alprazolam,ketamine,mdma,crystal meth,fentanyl at https://shop4herbalincense.com

    Order Fentanyl, Oxycodone , Xanax Bars, Buy Botox online
    Percs , Roxicodone at low cost..With us , you get meds discreet with no prescription. We've worked to create a fast,
    efficient and fair system for order processing. We know you want your order quickly, at the lowest possible cost.Check some of our highly purchased meds;

    We are the best supplier of pain medications and research chemicals .our prices are affordable .
    For more details contact our website through any of the details provided below
    Management

    Visit: https://shop4herbalincense.com


    Call: +1 (925)-338-9583 (USA/Canada)

    whatsapp: +1 (925)-338-9583

    ReplyDelete