Saturday, August 20, 2016

Cuban Vegan + Elena & Henry's Wedding in LA

Our vegan diet can often mean that my favorite foods are off-limits - no black and white cookies, no key lime pie, no cheese, and no yummy ethnic food like Cuban. So imagine my surprise (and delight!) when we landed in LA and found a Cuban Vegan restaurant right next to the airport. Ropa Vieja + Curry "Chicken" yum!

Later, we headed to Elena and Henry's wedding in Thousand Oaks. I always love the part when the bride walks down the aisle - but instead of focusing on the bride, I turn to the husband to be - and watch their face full of awe and happiness. Such was Henry's face.

In addition to Henry's face, other highlights included the yummy dinner (a layered vegetable concotion), a flying drone camera that took the guests photos as we were steered to form a big heart shape, and Henry's speech where he said, "The first time I met her at SantaCon, I told her, 'I like your onesie.' Then later, we unwrapped each other like Christmas presents." Yes, he actually said that. Good stuff.




















No comments:

Post a Comment