Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 8: Mountain Biking Moab

We head to the bike shop and get set up with these bikes with massive tires. The lady puts a 6K hold on our credit card “for the bikes!” she explains. I wonder how bikes can possibly cost that much.


We drive slightly north of Arches and head to the famous slip rock track. Mountain biking is so much different than road biking, and I somewhat get the hang of the slip rock. But when we moved the dirt tracks with narrow paths (narrow like slightly bigger than the width of my tire), the rollercoaster routes were scary steep. Alex’s advice, “When you feel like you’re going to keel over, go ahead and lean back.” I was not in the mood for keeling over and testing out my helmet and had to get off my bike a few times to walk it down the steep slopes. Eek.














No comments:

Post a Comment