Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 6: Alex Silverton Skiing

Alex headed out to Silverton to do some off-trail skiing, while I had a work day at the beautiful Telluride library.

According to Alex, Silverton staff started him on an indoctrination about what to do when there's an avalanche. They advised each person to ski one by one so that if one was triggered, they wouldn't all go down.

Alex: I actually felt scared.

They had one lift and would go up, hike 10-15 min, then ski off-trail down the bottom, and get picked up by a bus to head back to the lift.

Alex: I had a group of 7 other guys. I was middle of the pack. They told us that if we didn't keep up, then they would ask us to head back to camp. One guy had to head back to camp.

I am glad that I didn't go. I would be benched immediately.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment